How Will You Celebrate?
There are lots of things to celebrate right now. Fall is in the air, Halloween is weeks away, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. There is something else you should be excited about, though. Something that very few people know how to celebrate, let alone realize that it exists. What is it?
It’s National Dental Hygiene Month!
That’s right … there is an entire month dedicated to promoting dental hygiene. It all started in 2009, when the American Dental Hygienists’ Association partnered with the Wrigley Oral Healthcare Program to promote public awareness of the importance of dental health. In case you’ve forgotten why taking care of your teeth should be as high priority as taking care of the rest of your body, here are a few reminders:
- Practicing good dental hygiene helps you keep your teeth.
- Good dental hygiene prevents bad breath.
- A dental hygiene regimen that includes daily flossing can prevent gum disease, which increases your risk of diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes.
How to Celebrate?
The most obvious way to honor National Dental Hygiene Month is to practice good dental hygiene! This means brushing at least twice a day (preferably after each meal) and flossing daily. How else can you celebrate? Try one or more of these ideas:
- Call my office to set up your dental appointments for the year.
- Help spread awareness by using #dentalhygienemonth when you post to your social media accounts.
- Treat yourself to a dental procedure, such as whitening, that will give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
However you celebrate, remember that we’re here for all of your dental health needs. From cleanings to dental implants, your teeth are our priority. I look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.