There’s An Alternative for Dentures: Dental Implants
Losing teeth is never fun; whether the loss is due to disease or a physical trauma of the mouth, anything that affects our appearances is difficult to deal with. When you experience tooth loss, you’re also confronted with decisions you never thought you’d have to make:
- Do I need to replace my teeth?
- How soon?
- Will dentures make me look old?
- Are there other treatments that will allow me to look more like myself?
The good news is that my team and I have another solution for toothlessness that patients love. Find out more.
Dental implants are surgically implanted posts that, once healed, function just like a tooth root. Because the implants fuse to the jaw bone, they are a secure and permanent anchor for individual prosthetic teeth.
The Wonders of Implants
The reason implants are such an attractive option for our patients is because they offer multiple benefits, such as:
- Easy Cleaning — Because the prosthetic structure mimics that of a natural tooth, you can clean your dental implants just like you would with a mouth full of the choppers you were born with. Brush after every meal, floss daily, and visit us at least twice a year.
- Freedom to Feast — Implants are permanent and secure, so they won’t go anywhere when you bite into an apple or tackle a nice juicy steak. Unlike denture wearers, you won’t have to cut your food into small, easily digestible bites; your implanted teeth will do the work for you.
- Worry-Free Living — With implants, there is no need to worry about someone seeing you without your teeth, fear that your speech has become unclear, or fret when you can’t find your dental adhesive. Without all of these worries, you are free to confidently share your smile with the world.
These are just a few of the benefits of dental implants. If you’d like to learn more, contact our office to schedule a consultation. Your Waterford Family Dentists can’t wait to give you a reason to smile.